THE SPACE AND ITS HISTORY
Auto Repair Garage
The Moore Building is a historic structure originally constructed in 1937. It was built by Fayetteville's first auto dealership, M&O Chevrolet, and used as an auto garage and service shop for many years
It was once one of the cornerstone commercial enterprises in downtown Fayetteville.
In 2009, Steven and Jean Moore purchased the building. They began a grand scale renovation project to breathe new life into the old building. Their goals were to make the building beautiful, functional, and environmentally friendly.
The main Renovation Project
It was a big project, but they quickly fell in love with the building. And the old garage repair shop was happy for all the attention.
The former garage was finally converted into an office space for a marketing company called Moore Exposure. Hence the name, the "Moore Building".
Moore Exposure was later sold to a large marketing firm based out of Charlotte. The primary bay of the building was vacated and no longer needed for office space. Below are photos from in an around the building before the next phase of renovation to turn it into an event space....